Welcome back once again to the Pie Season. If you are new to our page, we celebrate pie season in prep for the holidays. We’re doing a recipe EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. for the month of September.
On a side note, Today is 9/11. We will never forget the men and women who were lost on that day, and will continue to pray to support those who lost loved ones. #neverforget
- Double pie crust
- 3 lbs apples, peeled, cored and cut into smaller slices
- 2/3 cup cider
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 3 T cornstarch
- turn the oven on to 425.
- Prep the bottom crust in the pie pan, docking the pie dough. Setting the top crust to the side. (Freezer is best place to put the pie crust.)
- In a pot, mix everything together beside 2 T cider and the cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved.
- mix the remaining cider and cornstarch into the mixture and cook until dissolved.
- Add the mixture to the prepped the pie crust. Add the top on and crimp the sides, cut three slits in the middle for venting.
- cook for 55 minutes. If browning happens too quickly add a sheet of foil on top to prevent and then remove last 10/15 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle sugar on top.
My favorite pie yet! come back to enjoy more recipes like this one.
Thank you guys for tuning in and we are working hard to get you more recipes. Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page, Follow us, or leave a comment!