Sorry, it’s so late for posting, but I did work today. Cobbler is still an amazing pie-like recipe, just easier.
Enjoy the Pie Season!
Ingredients for dough:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 6 T butter
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Directions for the dough:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, add the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Pulse to blend.
- Add butter in pieces and pulse until they are small pieces. Add to bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix them together well. Refrigerate until filling is mixed.
Ingredients for Filling:
- 4 cups strawberries, chopped.
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 T flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 t ground ginger.
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 T sugar
Directions for filling:
- Dump everything, besides the 2 T sugar, into a bowl and mix and make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Add the fruit mixer into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and rip pieces off and add to the top of the fruit mixer in the baking dish. Then sprinkle the remaining 2 T sugar over the dough pieces. Allow for some of the fruit mixture to peek through the dough.
- Cook the cobbler at 350 for 50-60 minutes
- serve with ice cream of your choice and enjoy (Allow to sit for 20 minutes
Come back for more recipes by yours truly!