Chocolatey, nutty, buttery flavor. What else would you need?
- Blind Baked Pie dough
- 2 T butter, cold
- 2 oz unsweet chocolate
- 1/14 corn syrup
- 3/4 maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 T coffee flavored Liquor
- 1 1/2 cup of pecans. halves, toasted.
- Blind bake pie dough in oven (425 F) with pie weights/dried beans, for 12 minutes, covering the outer rim with foil so crust does not burn. and then removing the foil after 12 minutes and continue baking for another 8 minutes
- In a sauce pan, heat butter, chocolate, both syrups to a boil and whisking frequently. Continue to whisk frequently over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Take off heat, allow to cool.
- when cool, add an one egg at a time, mixing well in between.
- Add the coffee liquor and pour the mixture into the baked pie dough.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the center jiggles like gelatin.
Pecan pies are truly growing on me. If you liked this recipe, come back for more. I do a different pie recipe for EVERY DAY in the month of September. Fully welcome the fact that fall is right around the corner and the holiday season is too!