What day is it? Pie day 4! That’s what. Here’s a yummy berry pie for people who love fresh berries.
What is this you ask? Pie Season is the whole month of September, prepping you for the holiday season. Or you just love pie. It can be creamy, chocolately, fruity. Really anything you want in a pie can go into a pie.
- Double Pie Crust
- 5 cups of drained blackberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1/2 t lemon zest
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 4 t cornstarch
- 2 T of butter
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Add all the ingredients except butter into bowl.
- prep the pie pan, adding 1/2 of pie crust into the bottom, using a fork and all poke around the dough.
- Add the mixture into the pie pan, and cut the butter up into cubes and put on top of the mixture
- add the second half of the pie dough on top and crimp the edge to seal the pie, cut small vents in the top to allow steam to escape
- bake for 15 minutes and reduce heat to 375 and cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- Allow pie to cool and set for a couple of hours.
Berry pies are super easy to do and very delicious! If you want more of the berry taste, don’t add the cinnamon, but otherwise enjoy! Stay tuned for more pie recipes this month.