Welcome Back to Pie Season. I post a recipe every day for the month of September! Get ready to prep for the Holiday season.
No shame in buying pre-made pie dough. I would do it too. I will link the recipe I use every holiday down below my recipe.- Check it out!
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup half & half
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 t dark rum
- 1 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1 1/2 ground cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 ground cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of black pepper
- Make/buy your pie dough, add to a 9 inch pie pan, prick fork all over dough, add foil over pie dough and add pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake pie dough with weights for 15 minutes at 425, reduce heat to 375 and continue to cook for another to 10-15 minutes. let pie dough cool completely.
- Boil or bake sweet potatoes until tender. (Baking 400 in oven 1 hour, boiling, peel and boil till tender and about to mash.
- Add Potato mash and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl or blender ( I have a hand blender i would use to make extremely smooth and well combined.
- Add to sauce pan and stir constantly while mixture curing for about 2 minutes, and then add the mixture to the cooked pie dough and bake at 400 F until it is set in the center 25 ~ 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. Serve with whipped cream on top.
This recipe requires a bit more tools but is still delicious and definitely worth the wait. Stay tuned for more pie recipes