- 1/2 cup butter
- 15 whole graham crackers
- 2 T breadcrumbs (toasted lightly)
- 4 large Apples (peeled, cored & chopped coarsely)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 T flour
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t cloves
- butter 9 inch pan, Process the graham crackers into fine crumbs, all except two.
- melt 6 T of butter, mix butter and graham crackers until evenly mixed. press crumb mixture into the pan firmly. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to set.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients(except the butter, 2 graham crackers, & the breadcrumbs) and add to a baking dish. Turn your oven on 350 F and allow to bake for 5 or until the apples are soft.
- Add the apple mix to the cooled pie crust. Melt the last of the butter and mix with the last 2 graham crackers and the bread crumbs and spread the mixture on top of the pie & refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Pie Season is among us. enjoy.