Tacos! Tacos! Tacos! If I had to live with three things for the rest of my life… This would be at least two of them. Super easy, the only thing I didn’t do is marinate my beef, which would make this dish so much better!
Look I couldn’t find any skirt steak, so we went with a top round. Now don’t go all getting mad because I used this. It was so delicious. Since it was thin, I only seared each side for maybe a max of 1-2 minutes. Nothing more. I let it come to a complete rest for 10 minutes. Don’t even begin to think about touching it during this time.
I seared it like I cook any other steak, in my cast iron. I started off with getting the pan ripping hot, adding a little oil & then seasoning the steak after it hits the pan. Allow for searing on both sides, and after about half way through the other side, add a tablespoon of butter for extra fat flavor. I season well with salt and pepper maybe adding a bit of lime juice towards the end as well. Cut into bite sized cubes.
- 6-7 tomatillos – husks removed
- 1 smaller bunch of cilantro
- 1 medium white onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, skins removed
- juice of 1 whole lime
- 1 teaspoon of cumin (if desired, I love cumin)
- salt & pepper to taste(I added 2 teaspoons for each)
- 1-2 Jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- remove husk of tomatillos, wash those along with cilantro & jalapenos. I blackened my jalapenos over my gas stove, you don’t have to do that, but it does add more flavor. (or grill them) Throw the jalapenos and tomatillos into a pan with the oil into a preheated 350 degrees oven for 15-20 minutes or until softened.
- Add everything else into the blender, halving or roughly chopping everything so your blender isn’t working so hard. wait to salt/pepper.
- when tomatillos/jalapenos are done, add into the blender, blend until it looks like salsa, mine literally took 10 seconds. salt/pepper and taste, if it taste sour, add a bit more salt and it will taste better.
Like I said, the salsa verde sauce isn’t too hot and doesn’t take very long to make. It’s easy because the blender does the work for you. I recommend taking half of the salsa verde and marinate your steak for at least 30 minutes or more for max flavor.
I hope everybody is staying safe and healthy!
Thank you guys for tuning in and we are working hard to get you more recipes. Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page, Follow us, or leave a comment!