There are some days where I honestly don’t have the power to do anything. I’m hosting my friendsgiving this upcoming weekend so I was cleaning out the backyard for a bonfire. Deep cleaning your own house is something that I don’t wish on my worst enemies. It’s exhausting, takes long hours, and just plain boring.
Sometimes I cook for myself, and it’s not the fanciest thing in the world but it’s delicious. It is exactly what I needed after all this cleaning I have been doing.
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of cut mushrooms
- 1/4 of red wine
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can of Tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of bouillon
- 2 T of Italian seasoning
- 1 T salt
- pepper to taste
- lasagna noodles, classic uncooked.
- Start by browning your meat in a stock pot over medium-high heat. When brown add diced onion, garlic and mushrooms. Stirring continuously.
- When veggies are softened, add in wine to deglaze pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes before added in the rest of the ingredients besides noodles.
- When adding in the noodles, break into smaller pieces because they will be easier to eat later when doing so.
- After adding in the noodles, put heat on lower and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Double check your soup every 4 minutes to stir and to make sure there is enough water to cover the noodles.
- When noodles are cooked throughly, turn off heat and serve!
- If you want to change out the beef for pork sausage, it might taste even better.
- You can add more noodles to the dish, but if you do so add more water in allowing them to actually cook.
- Salt does cut the acidity of the tomatoes, if you would to use something besides salt, I would use sugar.
- TASTE ALONG THE WAY. A good cook always tries their food to make sure everything is going okay.
- Try topping with cheese and it will be the best dish you will ever try.
Its easy, and all done in one pot! This was stuff I literally found lying around my pantry. Fresh ingredients are always better, but it will always be delicious.
Thank you guys for tuning in and we are working hard to get you more recipes. Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page, Follow us, or leave a comment!