Here’s the low down lately. I’m tired. School and life has been taking over my entire schedule. As my last year in college I need to actually try to figure out what I want to do with my life. The one thing I know for sure is that I love to cook.
Cooking is a way for me to relax and seeing the faces, the “Oh my god”‘s or “yum”‘s of the people that take a bite of my food is something I look forward to. It’s one of the main reasons I cook. At work, I have been coming up with nightly specials that are easy enough for the staff to plate, but something that will also be good staying warm for so long. Last night it was this delicious casserole.
- 3 cups of chicken (better Shredded)
- 1/4 cup of chopped celery
- half an onion ~ 1/2 cup
- 2 cans of 10.75 Cream of Chicken
- 1/2 cup of Buffalo Wing Sauce (Hot sauce & Ranch would be perfect if you don’t have this)
- 2 bags of frozen tater tots
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray pan with cooking spray (9×13 inch pan)
- Take cooked chicken and cut into cubes or shred.
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl besides half of the bag of tater tots and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Add the half of the bag of tater tots on top and make sure they cover the majority of the casserole. Add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Place baking dish into preheated oven to cook for 25-30 minute until sides are bubbling, and cheese is melted on top.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with more cheese and sour cream on top!
I know I say this about the majority of the dishes here on Sweet & Savory but this dish is truly a throw it all in the bowl and bake it. If you want to get fancy, you can cook your own chicken and add different seasonings to it like Cumin, cayenne, or even chili powder. This dish is here for you to start thinking about what you can do with your food. I know I am from the Midwest, but that doesn’t mean I like the same things over and over again.
As always, don’t forget to check out our facebook page, and leave a comment letting us know if you made this and how it turned out! It was a good weekend starting with delicious treat of a dinner!