Every once in a while I need just go home and make tacos. Writing this is making me hungry even thinking about it. If I don’t eat Mexican food once a week I get cranky. We all have our schedules. Mine involves me eating certain foods once a week.
So I invited a friend over for these delicious chipotle lime chicken tacos, which is probably the best thing I have made yet.
- 3 chicken breast
- Small can of chipotles
- 1 small onion (red)
- 1 teaspoon or 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of oil
- 2 teaspoon of cumin
- Put the cast Iron skillet on Med-High heat.
- Dice up the onion and set aside.
- Cube chicken into bite size pieces then add to the pan when hot. Half way through cooking the chicken, add onions (this allows them to soften all the way through).
- When Chicken is almost done, add the garlic to the pan.
- Add the chopped Chipotles. I only added 2 chipotles and some of the paste from the can. *hint* the more you add the more spicy it will be*
- Allow to sauté for a minute.
- Add in the spices like brown sugar and cumin, salt & pepper.
- Add the can of tomato sauce. Using the can, add water to rinse it out and add the leftover from the can into the pan. Stir till mixed.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. The chicken should be easily falling apart.
- Let the feasting begin!
School has started and this meal doesn’t take more than 25 minutes. You should be able to heat up some pinto beans and rice to make this a full meal. If you don’t want it spicy I recommend taking out the chipotles, but it would still be pretty delicious.
Top with avocado, cilantro, and pico de gallo with a squeeze of lime and it’s like you’re sitting in a Mexican restaurant, but you get to brag about how *hard* you work to make this meal.
Thank you all for staying with us, we appreciate you so much and love doing this. As of right now, school and life is getting in the way of making food and we hope you understand as we still bring you new recipes. Once again thank you, and don’t forget to check out our Facebook page where we update on the regular.