There are a lot of things that we eat in Iowa. Yet the very main thing we most eat is meat & potatoes.
- 1 lb of stew meat
- 1 T garlic
- 3-4 potato’s
- 2 large carrots
- 1 Onion
- Brown gravy packet
- 2 cups of water
- Seasonings (oregano, salt, pepper)
*remember low and slow is the way to go *
- Chop up veggies and put them in the crock pot. Little bite size pieces would be best.
- Sear the meat in oil & garlic till meat is brown on the outside. This shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes
- Stick the meat into the crock pot.
- Add two cups of water & season to your liking. I always add oregano, rosemary, fresh thyme from the garden , salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- When the meat easily tears apart, add in the gravy packet for more flavor
- You’re done!
Crock pot meals are so under appreciated because you get quality meals out of doing hardly any work. During winter I won’t take it off my counter because we use it for chili, stew, roasts, and many other things!
Thanks for stopping by! Follow us on our social media’s! 😁