My sister recently had her baby. When we were in the hospital waiting for the magic to happen, we were discussing all the things she would eat when she went home. This was one of those items. Usually, when she makes her deliciously bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapenos, we all can’t resist. They have cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Take that and shove it in a burger and TA-DA! You’ve got magic!
Here’s a list of the ingredients:
- cream cheese
- shredded cheese
- ground beef
- Hamburger Buns
- garlic powder
Here are the directions:
- Take the jalapenos and cut them in half, deseed them. *they are spicy enough on their own.
- I take 6 jalapenos, making 12 half poppers. Add a whole 8 oz of cream cheese to a bowl with a handful of shredded cheese, and a tablespoon of garlic powder. *This will not be as strong as you think, the taste from the meat will dilute the seasoning, hence added a certain amount*
- Cook them in a 350 preheated oven until the jalapenos are a bright green and toasted on top, could take up to 20-25 minutes, depending on size.
- DO NOT stuff your burger with raw jalapenos, it will be major spicy!
- When the jalapenos are out of the oven to give them a minute to cool down before placing one popper between two smaller, but wider patties.
- *note: when wrapping the meat around the popper make sure that it creates a ball, the meat will split during the process, don’t freak out.
- Make sure to press down the patties into flatter discs because the meat will shrink.
- Get a cast iron pan ripping hot, a couple minutes on each side should do the trick.
If you are like me, I like my cheese melted onto my burger. We were making these for a couple of people so I didn’t do that, but this is a fun recipe to try. You can literally stuff burgers full of anything! Blue Cheese stuffed burgers with bacon on top would be something perfect to try. I always add garlic aioli. I love my burgers with mayo and not ketchup.
What would you stuff your burgers full with? Thanks for checking out our blog and don’t forget to follow us on WordPress and Facebook!
New recipes every week!