This weekend in the United States is Memorial Day Holiday. This weekend is for us to remember the men and women around us who have died and honoring those who serve in the Armed Forces. Over the weekend, across the united states, there will be many parades that involve military personnel and members of veteran’s organizations. Many people will also visit cemeteries and memorials. Others celebrate this holiday with grilling and throwing parties as it marks the beginning of summer. As I have gotten older I realize this wasn’t a holiday to just grill and drink, but to salute those who made the ultimate sacrifice and spending time with the ones you love to remember those who have passed.
Grilling is a great way to start cooking. I make three different kinds of dishes here that will be great at your party or grill out. My friend came over and we enjoyed making and eating it together.
Let’s start with the chicken. I used salt and pepper to season the protein, but we will make the sauce later. I also made a grilled potato salad with rosemary and hot & sweet mustard. After I seasoned the chicken, corn, onions, and potatoes with oil, salt and pepper (rosemary on the potatoes) we cooked them on the grill.
This was probably the best part because we were able to listen to music and drink our wine while waiting for the food to cook.
Recipe for the chicken:
- Pour some oil on the chicken and season with salt & pepper.
- Put the chicken on the grill turning once or twice to allow grill marks to form.
- Take off when the internal temperature hits 165 degrees (F).
Peach Sauce for Chicken:
- Peach preservatives
- half of an onion (grilled for more flavor)
- tablespoon of garlic
- Rosemary (dried)
- onion & garlic powder (not necessary)
- white wine
- Saute the diced grilled onions until soft.
- Add the garlic until fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, half a cup at MOST.
- add half of the jar of peach preservatives
- add two tablespoons of honey
- Add the seasons to your liking
- allow for the sauce to boil for 2 minutes
- The delicious peach sauce is done!
It was a delicious easy recipe that doesn’t take long to do. Simple steps that allow you to experience incredible flavors. The sauce is not overly peachy and gives you this sweet and savory flavor that covers your tongue.
Check out the two sides that I made at this blog: Memorial Day Grillin’ Sides
If you like what you see here give us a follow or like! We also have a facebook page that we post to weekly giving you sneak peeks behind the scenes of our yummy photos, and quick videos that show you how to cook.