Easiest midwest meal ever. It takes a couple of minutes, and I explain the process of how to make this through our NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL. I’m very excited about this because now it’ll be easier for people who would rather watch than read our blog post.
Our first one is very relaxing and I don’t give you everything in the recipe. I just walk you through the process. Here’s what you will need.
- Beef stew meat. 1-2 lbs
- Half of an onion
- Handful of mushrooms
- beef stock
- cooking wine
- gravy packet
This meal is good over mash potatoes and some sort of vegetable as a side. It’s an easy meal that will take 30 minutes of prepping and the rest of the time you’re waiting. That’s the hard part. Yet, in the end, you’re left with meat that melts in your mouth like butter. It’s SO GOOD.
Here’s the process:
- Start with browning the meat in some oil olive. You only want to sear the beef because it will cook thoroughly when in the broth
- Add salt and pepper to the meat to add flavor
- When the meat is browned half way through, add the onions and the mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add the broth, Worcestershire, and wine.
- Let it simmer on low for at 2 hours until it reduces.
- Turn off the heat and add the gravy packet.
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes until the broth has thickened with the packet.
That’s it! It’s super easy and you can add anything you want into this mixture. I think adding carrots and celery into the mix will make it kind of stew-like. But if you like to keep it simple and love your meat, just add more meat and nothing else. It’s mouthwatering either way.
Thank you guys so much lately, we’ve had a huge spike in likes on our facebook page and here as well. Tell us if you liked this recipe or if you would ever make it.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? FOLLOW US ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA