I have to confess that I am not really a yogurt person, well maybe frozen yogurt, but that is ice cream. Anyway, I do like fruit and I also like granola, and I need to lose some weight, but I just can’t give up chocolate. So, I need to cut back in some other areas. I am cutting back on soda and drinking iced tea instead. Cutting out the fast food and eating more salads at home. And so for breakfast, the meal I love best, I am giving up eggs. This is not a great sacrifice for me because I could take them or leave them, or usually eat a couple of bites while they are warm and feed the rest to the dogs.
I am not a really good dieter. If I think that I am not going to be able to eat something I will keep eating everything else until I give in and eat the thing I want anyway, this is usually chocolate. However, this parfait doesn’t taste like I’m dieting. It has sweet fruit, crunchy granola, and tangy yogurt.
1 Champagne mango, diced
1/4 c berries
1/2 c vanilla yogurt
2 T granola
1 T lemon curd (optional)
- I think it works best to make this in a clear container so your eyes can eat too. I mean if you are going to deprive yourself of bacon and eggs, you have to make it up to yourself somewhere, right?
- Put 1 T of granola in the bottom of the glass, so you get a crunch at the bottom too.
- Place 1/2 of the yogurt on top of that.
- Add the diced mango, make sure that it goes all the way to the edges so you can see all the beautiful fruit you will be eating.
- Place the last 1/2 of the yogurt on top of the mango.
- Next place some of the berries and granola on top of the yogurt, then the dollop of lemon curd if you want, and then the rest of the fruit and granola.
I’m a wife, mother, pastry chef and amatuer gardner. I travel as much as possible, can what I grow, and taste as many new things as possible.