This recipe is almost like a flourless cake it has so little flour. To make them look more appetizing you could top it with a ganache, or a dusting of powdered sugar or cocoa powder, but if you’re just eating these no need they will be dense enough alone. This recipe makes a half sheet pan of brownies. If you cut the recipe in half you could get a thicker brownie by using a 9×9 pan.
9 oz unsweetened chocolate
13.5 oz butter
11.25 oz eggs, about 4 large
1 lb 10 oz sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 oz cake flour
6.5 oz walnuts, coarsely chopped, optional
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment and the sides sprayed with pan spray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave in 1 minute increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Whip the eggs, sugar, and vanilla on high until thick and light in color, about 8 minutes. ( Do not skimp on this step this is the only leavening in the recipe.)
- Blend a third of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture to temper, then add back into the egg mixture, completely incorporate and scrap sides.
- Add the flour and nuts and mix till just blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 30-40 minutes. A crust will form but the center will be moist.
- Cool completely in the pan. This is where you can top the brownies if you want.
Enjoy the best PMS buster out there!
I’m a wife, mother, pastry chef and amatuer gardner. I travel as much as possible, can what I grow, and taste as many new things as possible.